The International Society for Agricultural Safety and Health will be supporting the growth and development of the next generation of agricultural safety and health professionals by offering 10 scholarships to college students for accepted abstracts to the annual conference.
Deadline: April 15th, 2019
Available to: College students
Award Amount: $500 +waived conference registration
Notified by: April 30, 2019
How to Apply
The International Society for Agricultural Safety and Health established a scholarship fund to support college students with accepted abstracts to the annual conference.
$500 and waived conference fees will be awarded to 10 students.
The Student Scholarship Award is available to all students, both undergraduate and graduate, who are involved in agricultural safety and health and looking for funding to attend the conference related to their academic or professional goals.
Applicants must be enrolled full time and be in good standing at an accredited university or college located internationally or in the United States.
Research abstracts must already have been accepted by the Professional Improvement Committee and forwarded to Research and Development for determination of award.
Multiple author submissions are acceptable, but the student applicant must be the designated presenter of the research. If there are multiple student authors, only the first author may apply for these funds. If the student applicant has been accepted to present more than one paper or poster, she or he must choose only one paper/poster presentation to use when applying for this award.
Process to Apply
Criteria for the award include, but are not limited to:
1. Scientific merit of research methods or programs
2. Clarity of research or research goals
3. Results clearly demonstrate or suggest improvements in injury prevention or safety practice.
4. Significance of impacts and outcomes for injury prevention or improved safety and health practice.
1. Submit your abstract using the “ISASH Call for Abstracts and Program Presentations” process for submission.
2. Complete the ISASH Scholarship Application found below
3. Include supporting documentation if needed. This can include: a published
document, program, visuals, etc. These must be submitted electronically.
4. Submit all documents by March 25 of the year the award is to be presented.
Selection and Notification:
1. Awardees will be notified by the Membership Committee by April 15.
2. Students who have previously received the award are eligible, but priority will be given to students who have never received the award.